Bisection Interactive Lesson & Virtual ManipulativeSummary:
Understand and learn how to construct points, segments, and rays of bisection using an interactive lesson and virtual manipulative.
You will need a web browser with the Flash player plugin installed and enabled. The flash player is a free plugin, and installed on 98% of computers.
- Start by going to http://www.brainingcamp.com/resources/math/bisection/bisection-lesson.php
- The interactive lesson will explain and demonstrate how to construct points, segments, and rays of bisection. The lesson uses animations, narration (if your volume is on), and callouts to highlight important ideas. During the lesson, ask students what they observe about the ideas.
- After the lesson concludes, click on the Interactive link near the top of the page to go to the virtual manipulative.
- Use the virtual manipulative to explore the ideas presented in the lesson. You could also have the students work alone or in groups to explore.
- After exploring the ideas with the virtual manipulative, click the Questions link near the top of the page to assess the student's knowledge on the topic.
- The Question sets contain a set of multiple choice questions for the student to answer. The student can use the navigation buttons to go forward or backward through the list. The student can answer by selecting A, B, C, or D. If the student does not select an answer, the question will be marked as skipped. Click the submit button, and a summary screen will appear, marking questions as correct, incorrect, or skipped. Students can click the retry button on the summary screen to go back and edit their answers.
Posted by: MaryBeth995
Learn how to construct a box plot (also known as a box-and-whiskers plot) from a set of data and...03/15/2010 - 11:15amUnderstand and learn how to construct points, segments, and rays of bisection using an interactive...02/03/2010 - 4:24pm